We live in a world where people are quite conscious about the way they look and always following a balanced diet and exercising regularly. Both men and women buy extravagant clothes and set new fashion trends. In trying to look different, both of the genders also change their hairstyle as the first thing people notice of a particular person is his/her face and hair on the head. Nearly all the women have thick and long hair so they can try to experiment with different styles as compared to men.
One thing that irritates most people, particularly the girls and women, is the growth of excessive hair on the body parts which includes face, arms, and legs. Many women are seen performing common ways to remove excessive hair which includes hot waxing, shaving, plucking, and using hair removal creams.
The medical condition that causes excessive growth of hair in women is called ‘hirsutism.’ Nearly all women have facial and body hair which they have to remove, but the common ways can be at times quite discomforting and time-consuming. One of the best solution to remove unwanted hair is undergoing a laser hair removal treatment where laser technology is used to remove the hair follicles which form the hair on the body.
Also Read : Best Birthday Gifts to Surprise My Brother
The laser hair removal is a medical treatment in which beams of laser are used to remove the hair. In the procedure, light energy is converted into heat energy which damages the hair follicles. Hair always grows back after common hair removal techniques, but the best thing about laser treatment is that as the hair follicles are damaged, the hair cannot grow back for a long time. The laser treatment is not a permanent solution, but hair is removed for a long period and the person needs to visit the hair clinic for required touch-ups after some time. Women think they can get a hair removal procedure before they go for a vacation to a tourist destination, but it is not that easy, as the complete course or procedure carries for at least 6 months and in some cases even longer, determining the type of skin of the person. The reason why people with unwanted or excessive hair must get laser hair removal treatment is:
- The medical procedure help to reduce and remove the hair for a longer duration of time as compared to other methods such as shaving, threading, plucking, or using creams.
- Laser treatment is a onetime cost you have to pay while you have to spend a good amount of money on buying shaving, threading, and waxing accessories. Many women even spend a hefty amount on spas and saloon for hair removal
- The men usually wear pants and trousers which covers hair on the legs, but women feel quite awkward if there is any hair on their face, arms, and legs. Laser treatment can allow women to easier wear their favorite outfits and flaunt their style.
- The laser treatment may be spanned for six months, but it is still better than time wasted on waxing, threading, and shaving after every two or three weeks
- The constant plucking, waxing, and shaving damages the skin and the skin loses its quality while with laser treatment you can easily maintain the softness and smoothness of your skin
- The excessive hair sometimes makes a person feel uncomfortable when he/she is among his friends and office colleagues, but laser treatment can help a person regain his/her confidence.
During the hair removal procedure, a concentrated beam of the laser is directed into the hair follicles that absorb the light and get damaged. The technician will wear eye protection and also give you one as the laser beam is quite strong and not suitable for the naked eye. You need first to check the credentials of the hair clinic from where you are doing the hair removal treatment.
The hair removal specialist would ask you to limit waxing and plucking nearly 6 weeks before the laser treatment. You will also be asked to avoid going out and exposing the part of the body to the sun where the laser treatment will be done. Your hair will also be trimmed to a shorter length so that a laser beam can penetrate the inner hair follicles.
During the laser hair removal procedure, the technician will give a pulse of laser on the part of the body, such as hair on the head, arms, or legs. The technician will watch for some time, and then after the treatment, you will be given ice packs and creams to lessen the irritation and discomfort. In the following weeks, the treated hair will fall out, and you would be asked to apply sunscreen to prevent changes in your skin color. The common side effects of laser hair treatment are swelling, scarring, and redness of the skin. The cost of laser treatment is not that expensive nowadays with advancement in technology, but overall, the cost depends on:
- The part of the body where the treatment will be done
- The time required for the treatment
- The total number of treatments
Laser hair removal is very effective because you do not feel any deep pain during the procedure, and there is no need for you to be sedated before the procedure. The technician will only apply an ice pack to numb the area where the laser beam will be applied. The best benefit of laser treatment is that you can remove excess hair from the face, arms, chest, back, and legs.
The second most important thing is that excessive hair is significantly reduced and you can easily avoid shaving, waxing, and plucking hair after every few weeks.
The hair easily grows back after 2 to 3 days of shaving and plucking. There are also other problems of shaving such as the hair that grows back is thicker, and makes the skin quite rough. The laser hair removal makes the skin soft and smooth with no worries of hair growing back, scarring, and markings. The hair on the arms and legs are removed much faster as the laser beam can easily be penetrated from being closer to the skin, the laser can reach the hair follicle efficiently and quickly act on them.
Michelle Stuart works in a hair salon and also writes on her online blog. She constantly provides valuable tips and solutions that help women take care of their skin. She has talked about excessive and how quality laser hair removal Birmingham is the best solution to remove unwanted hair from the body.