A few decades ago, hair transplant surgery was viewed as a ‘mysterious procedure’ Most people looked at it with a lot of skepticism. They didn’t even know how much a hair transplant cost in Bangalore and think that it must be way beyond their budget. However, the price of hair transplants in India is relatively low.
The low cost of hair transplants is very welcome news for younger men who have started to go bald. In fact, there is a rising trend of balding at a young age, especially in urban areas where stress, lifestyle, poor diet, hormonal imbalance, and pollution have caused both men and women to go bald early. If you are considering going in for a hair transplant surgery, one of the first things you will have to do is consider the hair transplant costs.
Factors affecting hair transplant cost in India:
Many factors determine the actual hair transplant cost in Bangalore. One of the main factors is the place or city or the area where the patient chooses to get hair transplant surgery. There are many centers all over the cities in India which are now offering hair transplant surgery. The patient must have an in-depth idea about the place he or she is opting to get the hair transplant surgery done.
The main reason for this is because of the huge number of transplantation clinics that have opened up lately. It is good to ask the hospital or clinic for proper references and testimonials of any past clients.
Also Read: 7 Key Benefits of A Massage
Another factor that affects the cost of the hair transplant in Bangalore is the doctor performing the procedure itself. Experienced dermatological surgeons may charge a bit more for the same procedure. They may have specialized techniques that they have developed in the field of doing many hair transplant surgeries.
Another factor determining the hair transplant cost in Bangalore is the amount of hair that needs to be implanted. If there is only a small amount that needs to be transplanted, which will get over in a session or two, then the cost associated with it will be less than a transplant requiring many sessions. Another deciding factor of the transplant surgery value is the type of surgery that the patient prefers. There are two main types of hair transplants that can be performed.
1. Follicular unit strip surgery (FUSS)
The dermatological surgeon will remove a strip of skin from the donor area and close the cut with stitches. They will then use a microscope to separate the donor skin into tiny follicular units containing one or several hair follicles and insert them into the desired area.
2. Follicular unit extraction (FUE)
The surgeon will use a little punch tool to remove follicles from the donor area. Although this procedure will still lead to little scarring, it may be less noticeable, and the person will not usually require stitches.
Both techniques are useful, but they can achieve different results in different cases. FUE requires more skill from the doctor’s side, and it also takes longer than FUSS, but comparatively, FUE can produce great results if the surgeon has plenty of experience in the technique.
Each surgery procedure takes several hours, depending on how many follicles the patient wants to implants, and both the procedures involve a local anesthetic. Usually, a person will be able to go home on the day of the treatment.
Also Read: Tips to Stay Healthy After Cancer Treatment
Parameters that sets the cost of hair transplantation in India:
- The first and most important parameter is who is your dermatological surgeon? The doctor’s experience, skills, and expertise are also a significant factor in getting a successful hair transplant cost in Bangalore. You, too, can be shocked to know that in a few clinics, the technicians perform the hair transplant surgery and not the experienced doctor.
- The second parameter is the infrastructure of the clinic. Do you know that the Operation Theatre should always be well equipped for all types of emergencies to be on the safer side during the procedure?
- The third parameter is the quality of the instruments in the operation theatre. You can consider a minimal example like the Operation Theatre light. These lights are costly, and a hair transplant cannot be done with naked eyes. Thus, it requires a perfect magnification with precise extraction and plantation of the grafts.
- A number of grafts used for your hair transplant. It also depends on the severity of your baldness, and then the dermatological surgeon decides on the number of grafts to be used. If more grafts are used, then the cost will also increase automatically.