Pondicherry is a coastal city located in the Southern part of India which is well-known for its attractive beaches and other things. It is one of the popular tourist places that invite a large number of visitors every year. There are several places to visit in Pondicherry and visitors should know more about them in detail before planning a trip. Moreover, it enables tourists to get a complete entertainment while planning an excursion.
Visitors should consider booking best resorts in Pondicherry when they want to travel with their family and children. The resorts cover all types of modern amenities for tourists allowing them to experiencing world-class accommodation. Furthermore, they provide methods to plan their vacation accordingly to make it a memorable one. Most resorts aim at fulfilling the expectations of tourists by offering outstanding facilities.
What are the important places for visiting in Pondicherry?
1. French War Memorial
French War Memorial is one of the must-see places in Pondicherry located in Goubert Avenue. The memorial stands a monument dedicated to the French residents of India who sacrificed their lives during the First World War. Apart from that, it hosts annual commemoration ceremony on 14th July of every year.
2. Bharathi Park
Bharathi Park is a vast lush green park that covers excellent features such as flower beds, water fountains, children’s play area, an artificial pond, and so on. It is an ideal destination for those who want to spend quality time in natural environment. In fact, tourists can relax their mind in the evening with their loved one and others. The park is well-maintained by the respective authorities allowing visitors to enjoy their trip accordingly.
See Also : Step by Step Guide to Solo Travel in India
3. Outseri Wetland and National Park
Outseri Wetland and National Park lies about 10 km away from the main city centre that allows tourists to explore the diverse variety of plants and trees. It is also a home to migratory birds enabling visitors to access different types of birds in one place. The place is an ideal one for nature lovers and photographers enabling them to enjoy the beauty with others. In addition, boating facilities are available for visitors to get more excitement.
Pondicherry has two lighthouses old and new one that stand as important landmarks. The old lighthouse is not functioning and visitors can access the amazing view of the city from new lighthouse. The new lighthouse is 157 feet in height which hosts important events. It even allows tourists to take amazing pictures while making a trip.
5. Jawahar Toy Museum
Jawahar Toy Museum is a perfect choice for kids because it houses a variety of dolls and toys. Located at a distance of 2.5 from Pondicherry bus station, the museum covers a collection of toys from all over the country. In fact, it provides more fun and pleasure to kids by addressing essential requirements. Visitors can learn more about the dolls that wear the traditional dresses of a particular region.
Travel tips to Pondicherry
- Pondicherry is well-connected by air, road, and train networks allowing tourists to reach the city with ease. It is 165 km away from Chennai and there are several busses available for the tourists to plan their trip accordingly.
- The city experiences different climatic conditions and tourists should know them in detail before planning their trip. It is very hot in the months of April and May. Therefore, it is necessary to have sunglasses and light clothes that suit summer. Similarly, they should carry clothes which fit the winter season.
- Visitors shouldn’t wear revealing clothes when they visit important religious places in the city. Instead, they should follow the local customs and traditions in detail that can help to make the trip a memorable one.
- Tamil and English are the languages spoken in the city for communication purposes. On the other hand, French is also spoken in some areas.
- Tourists should use bottled water instead of tap water because it may cause certain health complications.
- Visitors can even hire bicycles at affordable rates when they want to visit some areas which ultimately give ways to get a different experience.
- It is advisable for international tourists to carry a copy of important documents such as passport, identity card, and visa while traveling to the city.
- Visitors should take care of their belongings in hotels and other places to prevent unwanted issues.
- Tourists shouldn’t travel alone in remote places and lonely areas in late night to minimize thefts and other problems to a large extent.
- Foreign nationals can exchange their currency in banks and exchange centres after knowing the commission rates.
- Liquor is very cheap in the city and there are many bars available for tourists to enjoy a variety of products at the best prices.
- It is a wise one not to carry heavy cash in crowded places to prevent pickpocketing and thefts.
- There are several restaurants in Pondicherry which offer a variety of foods allowing tourists to experience a fine dining.
- Visitors can hire government approved tourist guides when they like to visit interesting places with family and others.
Where to stay in Pondicherry?
The resorts in Pondicherry provide excellent facilities for tourists allowing them to get high level comforts. They provide ways to plan a trip to the city in advance enabling tourists to create better memories. Anyone who wants to know more about the resorts can search for the details online that can help to make a better decision.
Leading hotel websites offer different types of packages for guests at great prices enabling them to save money. On the other hand, it is necessary to evaluate them properly before booking a hotel. In many cases, a reputed website will guide travellers to reserve the hotel rooms which exactly suit their prices. It even gives ways to book a hotel in simple steps to save more time. Tourists should know more about the policies followed by a hotel website properly while booking the rooms online.