Taking care of vision is much more than visiting an eye doctor for a prescription or using glasses. The importance of eyes to see the world can never be undermined, and so it is vital to buy the gadget that best suits your vision. For this, you will need to get in touch with a top company that manufactures eyewear in Kenya.
Interested to buy glasses?
It is often confusing for first time buyers to decide the best pair of glasses for them. The best way to avoid this confusion is to look through the following guidelines:
- Our skin tone is dependent on the place we belong to, and it is quite helpful in choosing a particular type of eye glasses. Most tones are categorized into cool tones and warm stones. While frames of bright color will look good on cool tones, neutral frames are acceptable for warm skin tones.
- An optometrist will be able to guide you best on the type of frame as per your eye health. As an example, a person with high power should be given a large frame.
- Certain frames help people express themselves better than others. One should ideally search for a frame that matches one’s lifestyle and personality. For example- square glasses with light frames suit lawyers and corporate bosses well.
- Some people have faces that are shaped differently than other. Face shapes include diamond, oval, heart, round, square, and rectangle. This plays a huge role in deciding a frame to complement your face.
Reasons to choose sunglasses
There was a time when sunglasses would only be worn for the sake of fashion. Unfortunately, we are living in a world where the size of the ozone hole keeps changing, and so does the level of UV radiation from the sun. Today it has become an essential requirement, and if you wish to know why this is so, read further:
- Protection of the retina over the years is very important, to ensure its health in the twilight years. The retina can be protected from sunlight by wearing a pair of sunglasses.
- Skin cancer of the eyelids is a realistic problem, which can be minimized by reducing eye exposure to sunlight.
- You will not have to squint when outside
- Blue rays of the sun may lead to macular degeneration, and wearing sunglasses will reduce this risk.
- It is easier to adjust to dark light in the night using them
Also Read: Types of Back Torment
Status of eye care in Kenya
Several healthcare departments in Kenya suffer from the presence of quacks, and eye care is no different. They are present in just about every urban area, claiming to offer the best optometric services without necessary qualifications. This has also compounded by reasonable laxity shown in controlling them by the Ministry of Health. For this reason, it is important to have regulated eye care companies with top professionals in this country.
The rural part of Southern Kenya is severely affected by cataract problems. There are several barriers to cataract surgery in every country, and this becomes even bigger in developing countries of the world, an example being Kenya. Common features making the problem worse are:
- Following traditional approaches to health
- Very little or no support from family
- Eye care centers being very far away
- Lack of education
Residents of rural Kenya have to understand that senile cataract will affect the vision of most people, irrespective of their lifestyles. They must also know that cataract surgeries will allow them to lead normal lives.
Also Read: Tips To Have More Energy At Work
Improve your appearance with contact lenses
Contact lenses are soft glasses which can be put in front of the retina to correct vision. They ensure that your entire field of vision remains in focus at all times. They do not have any weight and you can wear them easily during swimming. Expect to get the same power from these small glass materials as you get from spectacles. What’s more, they also look stylish- you can change the color of your eye lens by wearing differently colored contact lenses.
There are many companies in the market that sell contact licenses. However, selling them without a license is a crime, and you should certainly not buy from such a shop, whether physical or online. In other words, it would make most sense for you to choose only a reputed company for your needs.
Irrespective of whether you use spectacles, sun glasses or contact lenses, it is imperative that you take these precautions to keep eyes in good health and get in touch with the optician that offers the best Eye Contacts In Kenya:
- Diet should have several fruits and vegetables
- Spend some time looking away from the computer screen
- Get regular eye checkups done
- Wear sunglasses when outside
- Try to avoid smoking
- Use home remedies such as potato juice to pamper the eyes sometimes
- Have a healthy weight as per your height